Sep 3, 2014

You in five words

This is Nora Ephron's enlightening wit:

“We have a game we play when we’re waiting for tables in restaurants, where you have to write the five things that describe yourself on a piece of paper. When I was [in my twenties], I would have put: ambitious, Wellesley graduate, daughter, Democrat, single. Ten years later not one of those five things turned up on my list. I was: journalist, feminist, New Yorker, divorced, funny. Today not one of those five things turns up in my list: writer, director, mother, sister, happy.”

My attempt:
"Sister, writer, selfish, Dog-mama, blessed."
Like, extremely blessed.

Let's see what's going to be discarded next year. But I am sure blessed will still be there.

Now tell me who you are in five words please... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...